leader ad

Monday, October 8, 2012

Horror Marathon Day 8: Tucker and Dale vs. Evil


Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.



Fine, fine, I’m breaking my rule and including a horror-comedy this month.  Normally I am strict about this month, but darn it, I just saw this and I gotta get ya’ll to see it.

Like others of it’s genre, Shaun of the Dead, Cabin in the Woods and Zombieland (which I didn’t care for) Tucker and Dale really does a great job of straddling the line of horror and comedy.  Let’s be clear, the writer/director KNOWS horror.  It’s really well written, great lines and great reads by the actors, who really sell the comedy. 

That’s why I’m talking about this film, the way the film incorporates the standard horror tropes and turns them around to comedic moments is brilliant.  I was seriously busting up watching this film.  It’s that good.  The only negative is that the end is a little weak, but I will look past it.

As for Horror/comedies go I say this film is BETTER than Shaun of the Dead and Cabin in the Woods as far as the comedy-side goes.  That’s right I said it…. BETTER.

Go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leader ad