leader ad

Monday, October 29, 2012

Horror Marathon Day 29: Alien




We are at the home stretch, and you can’t get much better than Alien for a horror movie.  Now there are a lot of movies out there, I’ve seen many of them, but this movie has been a huge source of inspiration for geeks around the world for years.  Being a movie in the 80s, this still looks amazing!  I’m sure most if not all of you have seen this, but it’s been a while, I say, go re-watch it.  It has some of the best atmosphere and camera work in any horror, sci fi film.  I don’t know who did the production design, but everything from the ship to the flamethrower was awesome.  Of course the creature work, by HR Giger has completely become iconic, I wonder how many dollars he’s made off this one project.

Let’s get to the acting.  One word: Sigourney.  I don’t know if this was the birth of the female but-kicking hero, (Aliens 2, anyone?) but it sure is a big element to the film.  Ian Holms is great too.  The chest-busting scene at the dinner table is still one of the best scenes ever.  I’m telling you, this is a good movie! 

I saw this years ago, another one of those, my mom is a horror fan so she took her son to the theater to see it.  It scared the carp out of me, and it still packs a punch.

Only 2 more days in October.  I’m still looking for a job.  I’ve saved the best for last.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leader ad