leader ad

Monday, October 1, 2012

Halloween rituals... 31 days of horror films!

Every year I go through my ritual of watching horror movies, 1 movie a night for 31 nights.  I've only done this religiously the last 3 years, so I have not exhausted the catalog of films, but it feels like I've seen just about all of the "best of" lists.

This year I continue the tradition, to get in the spirit of Halloween and watch a movie, I try to make them films I haven't seen but I will watch of my favorites here in there, and I'm going to start this year off right, with  one of my very favorites, JAWS.

That's right tigger, I said it.  JAWS mofo.
Some people might say that Jaws aint a horror film.... these people do not know what they are talking about.  JAWS is a freaking horror film.  I saw this film at the drive in when it first came out, I was VERY little, and don't remember much, but as I saw it more and more, man did this freak my crap.

As a guy who loves to surf, this is not a film that I like to spend too much time thinking about when I'm in the water, in fact there is a code among surfers that we don't even talk about the "landlord".

I'm not going to go into all the review-type of analysis of the film, you can read much more qualified people's opinion on that, but I will say that this is a great film, stuff holds up to our film sensibilities and is well acted, directed and shot.  Some of my favorite scenes and music in films are in this.  If you haven't seen it in a few years, pop it in and watch it.  It will remind you how good movies can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leader ad