leader ad

Friday, October 5, 2012

Horror film countdown Day 5: Galaxy of Terror




Okay, I’m not always going to pick winners here.  How could I, I’ve never seen most of these.  Case in point Galaxy of Terror.  Now as a kid of the 80s, I remember a like of space/sci fi horror films out there and so Galaxy of Terror looked like it would be one that I might like.  But really, I can’t recommend this, unless you are a true horror fan and want to watch something different.

The premise is great.  Crew gets stranded on a remote planet, and their nightmares come true… and kill them.   It comes across a little like a low-rent Aliens, but maybe some of that comes from Cameron who worked on this (I don’t know in what capacity) The physiological aspect to the story is cool, but it’s so freaking dated that it’s hard to get through.  I think there’s good stuff here, the effects are good for the time and budget, but man the sound effects drive me crazy. 

To be honest, I don’t even understand half of it, maybe it was because I’m watching it while looking on Craigslist for jobs, but still, what the heck is going on?

Anyway there you have it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

leader ad