leader ad

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Horror Marathon Day 2






Contracted.  2013
I'm 0 for 2 so far.  I found this on a site that stated the best horror films of 2013.  Well, I can say that I ain't trustin' this site any longer.  

It wasn't a bad concept, all be it shallow but I think there could have been something there, but I wasn't feeling it.  I think a story about a girl who after has a one-night stand and starts getting horrifically sick and diseased would be telling people about it.  It's one of those deals where the main character is going through the drama/conflict only because they don't want to tell anyone about it.  
Her excuse to people?  Cramps.  Now if I be having cramps that makes my eyeball fall out and look like the damn undead oh hell yeah I would be tellin' people about it.  One more reason why I'm glad I'm a guy.
 
 Maybe if there was a reason behind her being so closed off from everyone I could understand more, and yeah we get that she's a lesbian and in recovery from drug abuse, but still if you have open wounds and bleeding out of your orifices, I'd be up on google like a mofo.  So that odd logic annoys me.



The ending was a let down as now the whole movie feels like a "How did the Zombie outbreak happen?" deal and I guess that's cool, but I didn't buy it.
It's not a badly made film, and it's pretty good for a horror, I just have problems with the story structure and logic of the characters.  This is a writing/script problem more than acting or directing.

A better movie of this genre might by Contagion.

That's my take.  Tomorrow I talk about Byzantium, our first good horror movie for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leader ad