leader ad

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Alpha Brain day 1

So Maybe I'm a sucker, or experimental, whatever title/honorific you want to give me, I decided to take the advice of fellow comedian Joe Rogan and try out some of Onnit's Alpha Brain.  It's a Nootropic, which according to Wiki is:

... also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, neuro enhancers, cognitive enhancers, and intelligence enhancers, are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods that purportedly improve mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration.[1][2] The word nootropic was coined in 1972 by the Romanian Dr. Corneliu E. Giurgea,[3][4] derived from the Greek words νους nous, or "mind," and τρέπειν trepein meaning "to bend/turn". Nootropics are thought to work by altering the availability of the brain's supply of neurochemicals (neurotransmitters, enzymes, and hormones), by improving the brain's oxygen supply, or by stimulating nerve growth.

It has a money back guarantee and I have 30 pills so I thought, what the heck.  I have had bad memory since I was little, and at times I do have a small case of losing focus.  So for 30 days I'll be sharing my thoughts on it and let's see what happens.  One of the effects they state is that you may receive lucid dreams, which for me is not a draw, I have always remembered most of my dreams every morning, so I'm not enticed by that.  

Day 1 -
After a full 24 hours since taking Alpha Brain.  I feel.... the same.  This is where I can tell the placebo effect can start influencing things.  How and the heck am I going to tell if this is working?  I'm going to suddenly understand what the heck i"m doing here at my day-job?  I'm going to remember why I went in the kitchen?  How  do I evaluate it?  I have no idea.  Really the purpose of this blog is to record some strange event or effect that I can say I believe is coming from the pill.  Realistically I should not expect any changes for a few weeks so that's a factor as well.  The last factor would be dosage.  They say 1-2 pills a day and if you want to go crazy at night, 3 at night, and I am only taking 1/day, so that would of course is a consideration.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leader ad